Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An interesting idea.

So I need somewhere to collect my thoughts on a more regular basis and hopefully come to resolution about what I am going to do.

I need to get a job. Period.
Potential career paths:
1. Political consultant/activist
2. Actuary
3. Management in Higher Education
4. Management in Engineering/Industry
5. Making something work with computers.

What to do? That is the question. I am currently spending quite a bit of time looking at a Wiki project management position with the Sam Adams Alliance in Chicago. It seems like a very nice job, giving me experience in community management as well as the motivation to learn how to backbone the software for a wiki project. Both are skills that I need to have, however I feel under-qualified for the position and am uncertain of how to proceed. I think that I am fairly new to my Libertarian beliefs and that I need to do quite a bit of reading to bring myself up to speed on the prevailing thinkers and modes of thought which go into limited government and the power of free markets.

I need to register to take the first actuarial exam and start to study for that, as well as organize my time more productively. I need to be spending about every spare hour looking for a job and trying to expand my skill set. Got to get going!

No comments: