Monday, March 17, 2008

Bleh...

I am so sick of doing what I am. The academic system just seems so pointless to me right now. What is the point of offering a place where learning is offered if so few of the students who come actually want to learn. I complain about there being a lack of personal responsibility in the U.S. right now and yet I struggle to take responsibility for myself. I do not want to be where I am right now, and yet the penalties for quiting my job are prohibitive. I dislike working as a teacher so much right now, and I dislike being the TAU president even more. I do not want to deal with students, I do not want to deal with graduate assistants. I want to be selfish and take care of myself and I am choosing to be stuck where I am for an additional six weeks because the cost of changing is too much. I think that means I need to do an attitude adjustment on myself and deal with it while it lasts.

No comments: